Candied pecans were always a treat whenever I would go shopping with my Grandma as a child. So I thought it would be a great idea to make this treat as a present for all of my family members for the holidays. What a success! Enjoy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes ± added minutes to crisp the nuts
Oven Temp: 250°F
- 1 – 1lb bag of halved pecans
- 2 Egg whites
- 3/4 Cups of white sugar
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar, salt and vanilla into a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites until frothy.
- Pour egg whites over pecan halves in a separate mixing bowl.
- Once all pecans are evenly coated, add the sugar mixture to the pecans.
- Make sure a bulk of the sugar coats the pecans!
- Spread the pecans onto a baking sheet.
- Place the pecans into the oven for 15 minutes, and then flip the pecans to allow even baking.
- *Continue this until the nuts are not glossy looking, and are nicely hardened…be careful though not to bake.
If you enjoyed this recipe and want more like it, or have some feedback, feel free to leave a comment below! I would love to hear from my viewers. Also, don’t forget to share the recipe if you wish, or to check out my Twitter account and Instagram accounts below. I love you all, thanks for the support!
→ Twitter: cookn4allergies
→ Instagram: cookinwithallergies